Polestar 2 gets Android Automotive 11 update
The 1st electric vehicle to go on sale with Android Automotive is receiving an additional major update, as Polestar 2 is rolling out its Android 11 update.
Thorough on Polestar’s software program updates web site, program model P2. is now readily available for the 2021 and 2022 design a long time of the Polestar 2. The update delivers Android Automotive 11 for the Polestar 2, the car’s third important Android version. The 2021 product calendar year introduced with Android 9 and was later current to Android 10.
What is new in Android Automotive 11 for Polestar 2? In a changelog, Polestar mentions “new app categories and upcoming functionality” for Android Automotive, but other advancements as effectively. Radio reception has seemingly been enhanced, and there is a correct for the interruption of GPS navigation when switching profiles on the car. There are also enhancements to the Polestar app with this update, which include real-time point out of demand position and additional control above local climate options.
Updates in software model P2.
- Android R: most up-to-date readily available Android Automotive OS that permits new app categories and long run functionality.
- In-motor vehicle functionality enhancements:
- Connectivity steadiness improvements.
- Improved radio reception.
- Navigation balance improvements for GPS site and correct for interruption of navigation when switching profiles.
- Polestar app functionality advancements:
- Point out of demand (SOC): steadiness improvements and serious-time SOC position out there in the course of charging.
- Balance enhancements for lock standing.
- Weather timers security advancements and greater frequency of position updates.
More on Android Automotive:
FTC: We use earnings earning vehicle affiliate one-way links. A lot more.